Health & Social Care Jobs: News
Ten ways to avoid scaring your staff into the arms of the competition (Part 2)
6. Take your fingers out of your ears – and listen to grievances! Not addressing bad stuff when it gets raised means you don’t care. And bosses who don’t care lose staff.
7. Deal with bullies – decisively! Bullying in the workplace makes people miserable and ill. Buy in some HR support if you need to, but do not let the bad guys n gals get away with it.
8. Set the bar high – but not too high! Unrealistic expectations stress people out and make them feel like they’re disappointing you. Stretch your staff – but don’t strain them.
9. Would the Right Honourable Gentleman Please Pack It In! Stamp on office politics as soon as you see the first signs. Don’t let the plotters and schemers have their way – and nip any ‘ganging up’ in the bud.
10. Nothing says, ‘I love you’ like a decent pay packet! If you underpay, they’ll go away. Be fair – and be competitive.
Please contact Health and Social Care Jobs if you need pay-as-you go HR support, coaching or training on any of the above points. We will be happy to supply you with a consultant to meet your needs.
'Ten ways to avoid scaring your staff into the arms of the competition’ Mud sticks! if your company culture and environment stink – so will your reputation. Create a positive workplace and have positive staff. If a job’s worth doing – don’t do it yourself!… Read more