Part-time positions available for ABI Support Workers in North Liverpool supporting a client with an Acquired Brain Injury. Candidates must hold a UK driving license. Comprehensive training package will be provided. Previous experience of providing support work to adults is preferred.
This role is located within the Litherland area of Liverpool which is easily accessible from neighbouring towns Seaforth, Bootle and Waterloo.
As an ABI support worker your role will be to act as a professional companion, supporting the young adult on a 1:1 basis in engaging within leisure and recreational activities including eating out, playing pool, going to the cinema and accessing the gym. Your role will also include assisting the client with domestic and household duties.
Successful candidates will also be required to support the client in developing a routine and promoting a balance of activities through weekly planning and encouraging the client to utilise rehabilitation tasks, systems and strategies as directed by professionals involved. You will also be required to increase the clients understanding of the consequences negative behaviours can have and the importance of making positive choices that can create better outcomes and experiences.
Why join us?
- A FREE comprehensive training package will be provided to successful candidates to ensure they feel confident to provide high-quality care and support in accordance with the client’s identified needs. This includes ABI training which includes heightening your awareness of best practices of supporting clients with an acquired brain injury.
- Our competitive referral scheme gives you the opportunity to earn £100 for every friend that you refer who completes 100 hours with us - refer 10 friends to earn £1000!
- Our ‘Contractor of the Month’ scheme shines the spotlight and gives recognition to a particular contractor from each branch each month who is then awarded a £100 voucher of their choice.
- This client requires support at the weekend which our out of office team will be on hand to offer any assurance and answer any queries you may have. The team is managed by knowledgeable branch staff to ensure consistency within the support you receive in the day to out of office hours.
Amore Complex Care provides skilled and experienced support workers to clients throughout the North West. With a person-centred approach to care that focuses on realising the aspirations of the individual.
Amore Complex Care has been able to successfully impact the lives of many. We recruit candidates based on their precise suitability for the role, you must be able to form trusting relationships and work tirelessly with others to reach the best possible outcome for the individuals in their care.
A message from our Support Worker
Becky – “I have worked for Amore Complex Care for 12 months now and I absolutely love it. Training is fab and I love the clients we support. I can't fault them at all and look forward to where the future takes me with Amore and many more years ahead.”
- Shift patterns include approx. 6 hours on a Tuesday and/or Sunday.
- £11 per hour.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo full safe employment check including an enhanced DBS check and a three-year working reference check.
- Previous relevant experience of working with adults with complex needs is preferred but not essential.
If you have any queries regarding this position, or would like to apply, please simply click ‘Apply’ today. All applications will be carefully considered before contacting you directly to progress your application further and to answer any questions you may have.