We are looking for enthusiastic Adult Support Workers in the Radstock area of Somerset. This role is accessible via the A367 and A362 road and is close to local amenities. Experience is not essential, but if you have empathy, a desire to help others and a willingness to learn, then you could have what we are looking for. It is essential that you are a car driver.
This is more than a job
We are recruiting for a client who always fights for the best for the individuals they support. Ensuring that they are treated as unique individuals in the manner that they desire. Everybody has the right to live life to the full no matter what the barrier and this organisation strives to fulfil that ambition. Their staff team are there long term due to the outstanding values but also, they all love their jobs. There is a great culture of support cascading down from the Management team and fantastic development opportunities.
Support Worker – job description
You would be working across two Supported Living services and supporting 2 male adults with Learning Disabilities/Autism. Both are wonderful characters and have varied hobbies and activities they like to enjoy such as swimming, trampolining, going to the cinema and more. Part of the role would be encouraging taking part in the things they love and being active. You will also:
- Provide active support and help with daily living skills.
- Assist with chores around the house.
- Deal with some challenging behaviours.
- Personal care is minimal, more prompting support.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £8.84 per hour + £65 per sleep.
- Full and part-time hours with mixture of shift patterns which will include days and sleeps on rota basis (must be flexible).
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time).
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan).
- Free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services.
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications.
What to do next?
If you are excited by this opportunity to become a Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.