We are looking to recruit Support Workers & Learning Disabilities Companions in the Skipton and Settle areas of North Yorkshire.
- Do you believe that everyone should achive their goals no matter what?
- That everyone should have the same opportunities in life and that a disability should not be a barrier?
- Your job is to help make that happen for someone you support and is an extremely rewarding position. You don’t need experience, just passion!
Becoming a Support Worker is just the start, this organisation actively promotes from within and encourages people to progress. You will be joining a unique provider, who promote independence for adults with learning disabilities, living in their own flat or supported living scheme.
Amber is an example of one of adults that you may support: -
My name is Amber, and I live in a shared house with 3 of my good friends. We all get along and I love the times we share (although sometimes we do disagree!) I have autism and I really do struggle if my routine isn’t kept simple and structured and when I am on my own, I can get agitated and upset, this can lead me to make a loud humming noise. I have a Support Worker called Emily and she is a massive help to me. Without her I would always be late for college, I wouldn’t be able to have a nice warm breakfast, and I would forget to take my medication. I also wouldn’t be able to get out in the community swimming twice a week which is what I love. One day I would like to possibly get to the Olympics, that’s my dream. Emily is there for me when I’m sad or worried, she talks to me and explains things in a clearer way, so I can process what’s happening. Without her I wouldn’t be able to have independence in my own home, which is what life is all about isn’t it!
- Full and part time hours are available.
- Full Time Shifts could include days, evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
- Part Time Shifts days evenings and weekends only.
- £8.92 - £10.00 per hour, DOE
- Sleepovers £62.64 per night.
So, could you make a difference? Do you believe everyone should be themselves and have the same opportunities as everyone else? If you have always thought about a career in care and making a difference, then take the first step by applying for this Support Worker job today. You will gain all the training you need to change your life and the individuals you support. Still not sure? Don’t worry one of our wonderful career advisers will talk you through the job itself and any questions you might have.