Are you looking to start a career in Social Care? We are looking to recruit a Support Worker, living close to the Bury St Edmonds, Ipswich or Sudbury areas of Suffolk. No Experience is needed as excellent, full training would be provided. It is essential that you are a Car Driver.
This position is located in the middle of /within Travelling distance from Bury St Edmonds 15.3 Miles / 21 Minutes, Ipswich 13 Miles / 25 Mins or Sudbury 19 Miles / 41 Minutes. Nicely located within a 15-minute walk from Stowmarket Train Station & excellent transport networks to your place of work!
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker does not Care for someone but Supports them and encourages them to be as independent as possible. For example:
- Accompanying an individual to activities or appointments.
- Supporting with daily living skills such as cooking and cleaning
- Encouraging our individuals to reach their full potential
- Some personal care may be involved which could include assisting with personal hygiene, washing toileting or bathing.
You would be working with Adults who have an Acquired Brain Injury living within 9 Self Contained Flats. You will have a positive personality and a strong desire to make a difference in a person’s life. You will be empowering people to make choices and live life to the full, this is a feeling like no other.
Who would I be working for?
Our client is a not for profit charity built on wonderful values and is continually growing. Established for 20 years, they have a fantastic track record and have grown organically throughout the years, maintaining quality and gaining outstanding CQC ratings. With a wide range of services, including supported living, respite, outreach, and residential services, they support children and adults with learning disabilities, autism, ABI and challenging behaviours. They have a fantastic culture across all their services and promote continuous improvement, heavily investing in training and developing a new state of the art facilities.
Pay Rates & Hours of a Support Worker
- £8.23 per hour, plus pension scheme
- Paid DBS
- 28 Days Holiday increasing with service
- Full-time hours or Part-Time Hours
- Shifts could include Days, Evenings, or Nights spread across a week.
- Weekends and Bank Holidays would be included on the rota.
- Your rota is always planned in advance so you can plan your own time!
There are excellent career progression opportunities many of the staff team have been with the company for a number of years, progressing to Managerial level!
How do I apply?
If you are looking to start a career in Adult Social Care and you are interested in applying for this Support worker job please click on apply. When you do apply please ensure your CV is in a Word or PDF format and that you have included your full address and postcode. If you do not have a CV please send an email to the consultant on this page who would be happy to help.