Are you looking to start a career in Adult Social Care? Or perhaps you are looking for a career change? We are looking to recruit Full Time or Part-Time Support Workers, living close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire – no experience is needed. You do not need to drive if you live in Shrewsbury, but if you live in any of the nearby areas then it is essential that you drive due to the rural locations.
We have various roles across Shropshire including Shrewsbury, Wem, Oswestry, Ellesmere and Ludlow. The role is ideal if you live in any of these locations or close by, and the locations are accessible via the A5, A495 and A49. They will always keep you as close to your local village as possible, but mileage is paid.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker does not care for someone but supports them and encourages them to be as independent as possible. For example:
- Accompanying an individual to activities or appointments.
- Supporting with daily living skills such as cooking and cleaning.
- Encouraging our individuals to reach their full potential.
- Some personal care may be involved which could include assisting with personal hygiene, washing toileting or bathing.
You would be working with Adults who have either an Acquired Brain Injury, Autism or complex needs. You will help them continue to do the things they love which may be outdoor activities, shopping or playing games consoles. You will have a positive personality and a strong desire to make a difference in a person’s life. You will be empowering people to make choices and live life to the full, this is a feeling like no other.
Who would I be working for?
Our client is a not for profit charity built on wonderful values and is continually growing. Established for 20 years, they have a fantastic track record and have grown organically throughout the years, maintaining quality and gaining outstanding CQC ratings. With a wide range of services, including supported living, respite, outreach and residential services, they support children and adults with learning disabilities, autism, ABI, and challenging behaviours. They have a fantastic culture across all their services and promote continuous improvement, heavily investing in training and developing new state of the art facilities.
Pay Rates, Hours & Benefits of a Support Worker
- £8.72 per hour + benefits.
- Mileage paid at 22p – 39p per mile.
- Full-time hours or part-time hours.
- Day and night shifts available.
- Shifts will either be fully at 1 service or half in 1 service and the other half in another service. This is due to not everyone needing 24/7 support.
- Shift rota - Monday – Sunday. Shifts between the hours of 8:00am to 22:00pm and nights 22:00pm to 8:00am.
- Refer a friend scheme £350.
- Excellent career progression opportunities many of the staff team have been with the company for several years, progressing to Managerial level!
How do I apply?
If you are looking to start a career in Adult Social Care and you are interested in applying for this Support Worker job, please click on apply. When you do apply please ensure your CV is in a Word or PDF format and that you have included your full address and postcode. If you do not have a CV, please send an email to the consultant on this page who would be happy to help.