We are looking for a dedicated Team Leader/Senior Support Worker living close to the Kings Lynn Area of Norfolk. This position is also commutable from the Wisbech area of Cambridgeshire.
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strong person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Team Leader / Supervisor, you will be an integral part of 2 Supported Living service which are for up to 6 service users with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health. One Service supports 6 people who all attend college, the other supporting 2 Ladies who are both very active and like going out and spending time with their friends. The service is very welcoming and there are lots of fun activities for the service users to enjoy. They enjoy trips out to go bowling, shopping or roller skating, as well activities such as arts and crafts, puzzles or watching films. There is a fantastic vibe and all the team are positive and upbeat. Your responsibilities may include:
- Help ensure the delivery of high- quality care to the service users;
- Ensuring the staff team are equipped with necessary skills, training and supervision;
- Review care plans to ensure they are up to date with individual needs;
- Ensure the implementation of quality measurements and monitoring;
- Deputising for the Manager in their absence.
Salary & Hours
- £23K per annum
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
- You will have a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- You will have experience of working in a senior position for at least 2 years or as a Deputy;
- Experience of working with people living with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and challenging behaviours is essential;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
There are fantastic opportunities to progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
Health & Social Care Jobs are the UK’s specialist Permanent Recruitment Experts. We are Registered Manager owned and led and we love what we do! We love the social care sector! Working with a trusted, valued, recruitment partner is what we always strive to achieve.