We are looking for flexible full or part time Band 5 – Band 7 Children’s/Paediatric Occupational Therapists in the Sheffield area of South Yorkshire. It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
£29,000-£39,000 per annum pro rata. (Equivalent to NHS Band 5, Band 6, and Band 7).
Are you currently working for the NHS, but looking for a new role where you could spend more quality time with your clients? Do you want a job where there are opportunities to progress into more Senior roles?
Because this company is based in Sheffield it is within a 35-minute commute from Doncaster A1(M), or A635. Rotherham is also only a 20 minutes’ commute via A6109.
You would be part of a brand-new, privately run, state of the art rehabilitation centre with a dedicated children’s treatment room including a sensory room and kitchen. People and their well-being are at the heart of their service, promoting best practice to always meet their needs and letting them know what is possible with the right care. They deliver treatment and rehabilitation for different conditions including neurology, orthopaedic and respiratory clients.
This private organisation has an excellent reputation, not only as a service provider, but also as an employer. The team are always fully supported, valued, and involved in the clinical decisions, which is a truly integrated team approach. They lead the way in terms of technology and innovation, constantly educating themselves and integrating this into their rehabilitation programmes.
You would be part of our Paediatric Physiotherapy team delivering individual and group therapy sessions within clinics, people’s own homes or at School. Conducting formal and informal assessments of people’s needs and writing reports. You would work with rehabilitation assistants to deliver programme sessions supervising them and their work.
- To provide professional support to the rehabilitation assistants.
- Be effective and efficient in managing children with a variety of complex and challenging needs.
- Be able to assess occupational, functional, and sensory abilities of children in a variety of settings
- Must be socially skilled at managing balancing wants and needs of children, families and external members invested in the child’s development.
- Be able to liaise effectively with the rest of the MDT and all agencies involved.
- Experience working with children with neurological conditions.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and currently be registered with HCPC
- Knowledge of sensory integration theory and experience in delivering these interventions.
- Experienced in assessment tools for many paediatric conditions.
- Create in-depth reports and justification for treatment.
- To hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- To be passionate about ensuring high quality rehabilitation and putting peoples’ wellbeing first.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
If you have any questions about this Children’s/Paediatric Occupational Therapist job, or you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact