We are recruiting for full and part time Befrienders & Care Companions in the Wokingham area of Berkshire and surrounding areas. No experience is required as full training will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to your own car.
Because their services are provided, within people’s own homes, they do have job vacancies throughout the Wokingham area, as well as Winnersh, Early, Woodley, Twyford. (RG5, RG6, RG10, RG12, RG40 & RG41). We would carefully match you to our clients as close to where you live as possible.
The Company Values & Ethos
You would be joining a multi award-winning company who focus on a unique, companionship led approach to care. The whole ethos is to ensure that our older generation are supported and can continue doing all the things they love. With an outstanding CQC Rating for “Caring” they really stand out in the local area and aim to be the best. Providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits they focus on companionship/relationships and helping older people remain independent in their own home for as long as possible.
What do Befrienders & Care Companions do?
You would be part of a friendly team who see the same regular group of clients each week, They might have early onset Dementia, the feeling of loneliness or isolation because they don’t have any family living close by, or just need a little bit of help carrying out daily activities.
Every day is different, but here is an example of what you would be doing.
- Helping someone to get out of bed in the morning or ready for be in the evening.
- Run the shower/bath to the right temperature and support them whilst they get in or out. Sometimes just being in the next room in case they need help is enough!
- Help them to finish getting dressed or undressed.
- Remind them to take their medication.
- Collect prescription or do a little bit of shopping.
- Prepare a light meal, snack, or do a little housework.
Pay Rates, Benefits and Hours
- £10.00-£11.50 per hour (£15.00 Bank Holidays & £20.50 Christmas & New Year)
- 25p per mile mileage allowance.
- 16, 24 & 30 hours GUARANTEED hours contract are available.
- Hours would be a mixture of early mornings, evenings, and alternate weekends.
This is a fantastic organisation to be part of who actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person. Making a difference in someone's everyday life is the biggest reward you get from this job.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
If you have any questions about the Befriender & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.