Would you like to become a part time Befrienders & Care Companions? Do you live in the Staines area of Surrey? No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Locations & Criteria
They also have job vacancies in the Egham, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Addlestone, Windsor and surrounding areas of Surrey and Berkshire.
Your Job Role
You will visit older people in your local community in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support during this pandemic to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Remind them to take their medication.
- Help with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Help with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Be a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 - £12.50 per hour plus mileage allowance.
- Part-time hours available, up to 20-hours per week.
- If you have a few hours availability during the week and alternate weekend between 8am – 10 pm, then this position is ideal for you.
About the company
The owner is a lovely lady who was inspired to start the service following a cancer diagnosis that changed her life. The people she met in the care sector were amazing and inspired her to dedicate herself to helping others. You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. An award-winning provider not only in the UK but in lots of other countries where they all follow the same vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives. On a day to day basis you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Care Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.