We are looking for full and part time Befrienders & Care Companions (Live a volunteer) in the Stourport-on-Severn area of Worcestershire. No experience is required as full training will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Location, Pay Rates & Hours
Because this organisation provides a community home care service, they also have job vacancies in Kidderminster, Cookley, Kinver and surrounding areas of Worcestershire.
- £9.50 - £10.00 per hour, mileage allowance & paid travel time.
- Between 10 – 30 hours per week.
- Guaranteed hours available if you are flexible with your availability.
- Early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends available.
The owner of this service changed career after realising that she wanted to do something more rewarding in her local community. The opportunity to start a high-quality home care service allowed her to make a real difference in older people’s lives and lives of their families too. As an organisation, they have since won multiple awards, built an excellent reputation, and created a truly rewarding place to work. Every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support provided to fit the needs of the individual.
As a Befriender & Care Companion you will be part of a small team, visiting older people in their own home on a regular basis. You could be visiting someone who has early signs of Dementia, or they may not have family who live close enough to visit. Each person who you visit will have different needs which may include:
- Helping them to get up in the morning or to bed in the evening.
- Assisting with a shower/bath or wash.
- Helping someone to get dressed or undressed.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Preparing a meal or doing some light housework.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Care Companion job in Stourport, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, the employer will be in contact with you within 24-72 hours to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.