We are looking for part time Befrienders & Care Companions (like a volunteer job) to join our team in various locations in Chesterfield/Derbyshire. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, it is essential that you have a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Due to the nature of our work we have seniors living in the following local community looking for Key Workers, Ashgate, Brampton, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, Dronfield areas of Chesterfield.
You would be working for an award-winning provider who focus on a bespoke companionship/relationship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits with focus being on companionship.
Becoming a Befriender & Care Companion is such a rewarding role and a very important role within our community, if you have always wanted to do a job that is rewarding, now is a great time to be joining us and making a difference.
You could make a difference and care for others in the community, knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
Your Job Role
You will be part of a small who visit vulnerable older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. With your help and support you will help them to continue living in their own home with their memories which they cherish. You will be supporting with: -
- Getting out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Remind them to take their medication.
- Help with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing or a spot of gardening
- Help with grocery shopping.
- Be a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour, plus pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a few hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
If you have any questions about this Key Worker & Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.