We are looking for Befrienders & Care Companions close to the Southampton area of Hampshire to help support the most vulnerable older adults in the local community and most importantly, make a difference at a time it is needed the most. It is essential that you are a car driver.
If you are a former Teacher, Care Assistant, Hospitality Worker, Dentist, or someone with a caring heart who wants to help, then your community needs you. They will provide full training and flexible hours to work around your availability. If you can help, then we would love to hear from you.
They have job vacancies in SO21, SO22, SO23, SO24. SO50, SO51, SO52 & SO53 postcode areas. If you live in one of these locations, they’d love to hear from you.
Your role as a Befriender & Care Companion will be varied depending on the individual needs of the person you are supporting. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. The role may involve:
- Providing companionship.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
- Assisting with elements of light personal care involved but this would be no different to what you may do for a friend or relative.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 per hour, £14.00 per hour at weekends.
- £10.60 per hour if you have NVQ level 3, £15.00 per hour at weekends.
- Bank Holidays, Christmas and Easter £17.00 to £18 per hour.
- Paid travel time at £8.72 per hour.
- Flexible hours to suit your availability.
- Pension scheme.
- Making a positive difference to an older adult’s life.
Join a fantastic homecare branch
You could be joining a national, award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry! This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help people to remain in the place they love the most, their home. Not only do they promote a minimum of 1-hour support, and they make sure their carers are perfectly matched to their clients, so you can build a lasting relationship and provide the highest level of care!
How do I apply or ask a Question?
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Care Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.