We are looking for full and part time Befrienders and Care Companions in the Llanelli area of Wales. Experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided. A driving licence and access to your own car is essential.
Because you will be working within people’s own homes in your local community, you would always be kept as local as possible. For that reason, they are looking for people living in the SA1-SA7 postcode areas.
You could be joining a service who focus on a companionship/relationship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a predominantly private client base, but the focus being on companionship. They are active in local communities sharing their knowledge to help make older people’s lives better. They also run Free Alzheimer’s Workshops to help families, businesses and others in the community understand how to recognise the signs of dementia.
Some of their Befriender & Care Companions have commented how “they stood out due to their unique way of working” “The minute I called them everyone was so friendly and inviting”. “as soon as I met the team, I felt certain that this is the type of organisation I wanted to be a part of!”.
Benefits, Hours & Pay
- £8.72-£9.00 per hour + mileage allowance + paid travel time.
- Between 4-30 hours per week.
- The hours available are a mixture of morning, lunchtime, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
What you would be doing
- Help someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed/undressed and other elements of personal care.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Remind someone to take their medication.
- Help with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening.
- Help with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Be a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
If you have any questions about this Befirender & Care Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.