We are looking for Befrienders & Companions in the Chesham area of Buckinghamshire. There is no upper age limit and previous experience is not necessary. Due to travelling between clients your own transport is essential.
- £10.25 - £12.00 per hour (double pay on bank holidays).
- 30p-45p mileage allowance.
- Part-time hours and guaranteed hours contracts available for the right person.
- Hours will include mix of mornings, lunchtimes and evenings and alternate weekends.
This homecare provider provides home visits to older adults in the local community and they have job vacancies in Chesham, Amersham, Little Chalfont, Chalfont St Peter, Chalfont St Giles, Beaconsfield, High Wycombe, Stokenchurch, Marlow, Bourne End, Gerrards Cross, and surrounding areas of South Buckinghamshire.
Could you be a Befriender & Companion?
- Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference?
- Would you love to give something back to your local community?
- Are you semi-retired or have spare time available?
- Are you caring, compassionate and fantastic company for an older adult?
- Have you ever cared for a relative or friend?
- Could you help an older person get up, get bathed/showered, get dressed, stay active and get out and about?
- Could you help someone around their house with everyday tasks and to keep their home tidy?
- Do you have valuable life skills, patience, understanding and a sense of humour?
- Are you available for any early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternate weekends?
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The owners opened the service following a personal experience of finding it difficult to find high quality care for a family member and they have a passion to make sure everyone in their local community has the same type of care they were able to find. The company’s mission is to support older adults to be independent in their own homes, providing bespoke person-centred care service that really does benefit the people they support. Every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support received whether that be companionship, home help or personal care services.
This is more than a job, it is a vocation and you will need to be kind and compassionate, with a big heart! If you can make an older person’s life brighter, feel great satisfaction from doing it, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
Apply/Ask a Question
We advertise this Befriender & Companion vacancy on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions regarding the role or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type roles.