We are looking for part-time Befrienders & Companions in various locations throughout the Wellington and Taunton areas of Somerset. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
** PLEASE NOTE this is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer/Befriender/Companion type jobs.
Becoming a Befriender & Companion is such a rewarding role and a very important Keyworker role within our community, if you have always wanted to do a job that is rewarding, now is a great time to be join a special homecare provider. This could be a chance for you to make a massive difference and care for others in your local community, knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50-£11.00 per hour, double pay on bank holidays plus mileage allowance.
- Benefits include pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Lots of support always available.
You could be joining a CQC rated “Outstanding” service who focus on companionship/relationship led care. They are a family run business and have won multiple awards over the years including being in the Top 20 home care providers in the South West and have built an excellent reputation within the local community. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits so that support is not rushed, and the focus is on quality care and companionship.
You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Companionship visits & trips out.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
Once you have applied, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
** We welcome people to apply who have been furloughed, but we must express, because we carefully match you to the clients who you will be visiting we need a commitment that when have returned to your current role, you will still be in a position to continue to be a Befriender & Companion to those who reply and look forward to your visit.