We are looking for part-time Befrienders & Companions (Like a Volunteer) in the York area of North Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided; however, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in York, Haxby & Wigginton, Copmanthorpe, Bishopthorpe, Dunnington, Stockton on the Forest, Skelton, Easingwold, Strensall, Wheldrake, Huntington, Acomb, Clifton, Fulford, Heworth, Poppleton, and surrounding areas.
This special homecare provider area rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. What makes them different from other care providers is they focus on a companionship led care service. Building an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, this provide always looks to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
Becoming a Befriender & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain independent in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle, alternate weekend calls so every other weekend is free.
- Excellent training and support.
- A truly rewarding job where the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is like no other.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Befriender & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.