We are looking for part time Befrienders & Companions (Like a Volunteer) in the Egham area of Surrey. No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Egham, Staines, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Addlestone, Windsor and surrounding areas of Surrey and Berkshire.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 - £12.50 per hour.
- Part-time hours available, and more if preferred, up to 30/35-hours per week.
- If you have a few hours availability during the week and alternate weekends between 8am – 10 pm, then this position is ideal for you.
Could you help Liz*?
Liz is 80 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might also repeat a lot of things she has already said or get muddled with peoples’ names. She also gets lonely from time to time as her children live so far away. Could you be the person to make a difference to Liz?
About the company
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The owner is a lovely lady who was inspired to start the service following a cancer diagnosis that changed her life. The people she met in the care sector were amazing and inspired her to dedicate herself to helping others. You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. This provider is award-winning, where they follow one vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives.
As a Befriender & Companion, you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. You would do a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you can spend quality time with your clients. The role will include: -
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered, and dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat each person with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Liz is just an example of someone you would support
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.