We are looking for part time Befrienders & Companions (Like a Volunteer) in the Epping area of Essex. No experience is needed. However, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Locations & Criteria
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies in Epping, Ongar, Loughton, Waltham Abbey, Harlow, and surrounding areas of Essex.
Why work in care?
The answer, quite simply, is that helping people is a rewarding feeling like no other and there is no upper age limit. You would be making a massive difference in your local community and at a time like this, you are needed more than ever. Maybe you have worked in either retail, hospitality, childcare, customer service, or any other sector, but you want to do something more fulfilling, as long as you have a caring nature and the right qualities, then this is for you. There are long-term prospects too for those that want it, with opportunities to progress and build a rewarding career.
An Award-winning companionship/relationship led care service who have been rated “Outstanding” by CQC, which is amazing. The Director has a mission to change the face of ageing, seeing first-hand the positive effect companionship led care has had on the older people they support. She is very family orientated and this family feeling cascades throughout the team.
As their Befriender & Companion, you will be carefully matched to older adults in your local community, living in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You would help them to stay happy and healthy in their own homes and assisting them with maintaining their routine. With a minimum of 1-hour visits this means you will have time to care and not feel under pressure. The role will include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.25 per hour weekdays and £10.40 weekends & double pay on Bank Holidays
- Mileage Allowance.
- Guaranteed Contract available.
- Part-Time Hours including some mornings, and or lunchtimes, and or evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Full training and a mentoring system to support you through your new role.
- Friendly and supportive office team.
- Additional paid training in Dementia and End of Life.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Befriender & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.