We are looking for part time Befrienders & Caring Companions in the Harlow area of Essex. No experience is needed. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider has job vacancies in the Harlow, Loughton, Epping, Ongar, Waltham Abbey, and surrounding areas of Essex.
Could you help Beatrice*?
Beatrice (Bea to her friends) is 89 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, doing certain chores, she may even need some help with personal care from time to time. She can also get muddled with peoples’ names. However, she has wonderful personality and loves to sit out in her garden when the weather allows. Some of her team have even introduced her to Tik Tok which she loved. She can get lonely from time to time though as her children live so far away and she needs a bit more help round the house. Could you be the person to make a difference to Bea?
To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! An Award-winning companionship/relationship led care service who have been rated “Outstanding” by CQC, which is amazing. The Director has a mission to change the face of ageing, seeing first-hand the positive effect companionship led care has had on the older people they support. She is very family orientated and this family feeling cascades throughout the team. Working here you can feel valued & appreciated every day as well as work for a company you can be proud of.
As a Befriender & Caring Companion, you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. You would do a minimum of 1-hour visits, so nothing is rushed, and you can spend quality time with your clients. The role will include: -
- Helping clients get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat each person with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.25 per hour weekdays & £10.40 weekends & double pay on Bank Holidays.
- Mileage Allowance.
- Guaranteed Contract available.
- Part-Time Hours including some mornings and or lunchtimes and or evenings and alternative weekends.
- Full training and a mentoring system to support you through your new role.
- Friendly and supportive office team.
- Additional paid training in Dementia and End of Life.
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.
*Beatrice is just an example of someone you would support
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type roles.