We are looking for Care & Support Workers close to the Harlow area of Essex. It is desirable that you have awareness of Learning Disabilities, Autism or Epilepsy, but full training is provided, so above all, you need to be dedicated, caring and passionate about making a difference in people’s lives.
The role is based a short distance and easy commute from Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertford, and surrounding areas.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.04 - £11.07 per hour plus weekend enhancements & overtime opportunities.
- Full and part-time hours including alternate weekends. Night shifts also available.
- Full-time shift pattern is 5 days out of 7, variable shifts 7.15am-2.45pm or 2.15pm-9.45pm (20 minutes paid break).
- High street discounts, discounted gym membership and subsidised restaurant.
- Subsidised staff transport and free on-site parking.
- Other benefits including generous holidays and life assurance.
- Funding and support towards recognised qualifications as well as progression opportunities.
This charitable organisation provides high quality specialist care and support to people of all ages with complex neurological conditions, epilepsy, and associated disabilities. The organisation has over 100 years history of providing education, care, and support services to vulnerable individuals, helping them to live life to the full. Over 150 adults and children rely on this special service and call it home, making this an inspirational place to work and an organisation to be proud of.
As a Care & Support Worker, our client has job vacancies in their Adult home, Children’s Home, College and School supporting residents to achieve their potential, develop their independence and live life to the full in their on-site bungalows. You will help them with their daily life skills and the role will include:
- Assisting with leisure activities which can involve anything from horse riding to swimming.
- Helping with general domestic duties.
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Helping with management of finances.
- Ensuring the resident’s emotional and physical well-being.
To apply or ask a question
If you have any questions about this Care & Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.