Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like *Sheila? You can make a difference, it may not always be huge, but it will matter all the same.
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Care Assistant could be perfect for you. We have part time and full-time hours available in the Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Bearwood, Frankley, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Bordesley Green, Ward End, Washwood Heath, Small Heath, Spark Hill, Moseley, Kings Heath, May Pole, Yardley, Acocks Green and Wthyall areas of the West Midlands.
My name is *Sheila and I have lived on my own for several years since my husband Ron passed away. My son and grandchildren live in New Zealand, so sometimes I can get very lonely and I can’t always do the things that used to be so simple. I have a wonderful small team of carers. One is called Sarah and she comes to see me 5 times a week. She will help to get up in a morning, washed and dressed and make me some breakfast and a cup of tea. It’s lovely to see a friendly face first thing in the morning to start the day off well.
Some days Sarah will back to see me at lunch time, reminds me to take my medication and makes me a healthy meal. Whilst I am eating my lunch, she is very kind and does a little housework. Other days Sarah will take me out to do my shopping at the supermarket, sometimes she takes me out for a stroll and some fresh air, or out to local café for a cuppa. She may also come back later in the day to help me up the stairs to bed. I am so grateful for Sarah and the rest of my team, they are like family and I don’t know what I’d do without them, I always look forward to seeing them and they really brighten up my day.”
Come and join the best!
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning provider who is proud to deliver high quality homecare and companionship to older people in their own homes. They always put the individual at the heart of the service, and they are passionate about providing a service that allows an individual to live independently and maintain the quality of life they deserve.
Benefits & Hours:
· Full and part-time hours, between 5-40 hours per week available - if you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position could be ideal for you.
· 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata);
· Employee Assistance Programme;
· Pension scheme;
· Excellent award-winning training and support is provided including support to obtain further qualifications courses so you can further your talents;
· The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face and being part of a wonderful team.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.