We are looking for Care Assistants in the Cambridge area of Cambridgeshire. If you live in Cambridge that is perfect, but we also have clients in the St. Ives and surrounding suburbs and villages of Cambridgeshire. Experience in care, whether it be personal or professional is beneficial but not essential as excellent training will be provided.
What are the company values & why you should come & work for us?
Our client provides a care, home help and companionship service to older adults living in their own homes in the local community. They tailor our service to put the needs of our clients at the heart of all we do. Each of their visits last a minimum of 1-hour so they can ensure that you have the time to provide clients with the care, attention and company they value so much. They have an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, not only for the special service they provide, but also for making sure their staff team always feel valued and supported.
Job Description of a Care Assistant
The most important part of the role will be making a difference in the lives of the people you support. The role is varied, with no 2 days ever the same. They will carefully match you to older adults in the community and keep you as close to home as possible. You will provide non-medical support to help them remain independent in their own home. The role will also involve:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them shopping or attending local social activities that they enjoy or to appointments.
- Preparing meals and performing light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Pay Rates, Hours & Benefits
- £8.21 per hour.
- Full and part-time hours available.
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications in a sector that matters so much to all of us.
- Progression opportunities – this could be the first step towards a rewarding career and who knows, you could be a Manager of the future.
- The biggest benefit of this role is being part of something where you can end each day knowing you have a made a real difference to a person’s life – not all jobs can say that.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Assistant job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, they would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application, they would then contact you directly to discuss the role in more detail. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.