We are looking for Care Assistants in the Wigan area of Greater Manchester. If you live in Wigan or close by in the surrounding areas then that is perfect, we have lots of local work for you. Experience in care, whether it be personal or professional is beneficial but not essential as excellent training will be provided. What is most important is you having a compassionate and empathetic nature and personality.
What are the company values & why you should come & work for us?
Our client was established in 2010 by a family’s own personal experience of finding difficulties sourcing a high-quality and reliable care service. They support older adults living in their own homes and provide the very best care to every client they support. They are driven by the passion to positively transform a person’s life, but also to become the best homecare provider in the region. They go above and beyond for each person which is the type of care that we all want for all our relatives and loved ones. Their team mean a great deal to them too and they all speak highly of them. The company has a superb reputation as an excellent employer.
Job Description of a Care Assistant
The most important part of the role will be making a difference in the lives of the people you support. The role is varied, with no 2 days ever the same. You will provide support to help them remain independent in their own home. The role will also involve:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care and administering any medications.
- Ensuring that nutritional and hydration needs are always met.
- Taking them shopping or attending local social activities that they enjoy or to appointments.
- Light housekeeping duties such as laundry or vacuuming.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on for a bit of company.
Pay Rates, Hours & Benefits
- £8.25 - £9.50 per hour + paid travel time + mileage allowance.
- Full and part time hours, plus bank hours, all available.
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and commitments.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Annual staff awards and Christmas party.
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications and investment in your future – this could be the first step towards a rewarding career and who knows, you could be a Manager of the future.
- The biggest benefit of this role is being part of something where you can end each day knowing you have a made a real difference to a person’s life – not all jobs can say that.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Assistant job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, they would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application, they would then contact you directly to discuss the role in more detail. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.