We are looking for dedicated Care Assistants in the Reading area of Berkshire. No previous care experience is needed because excellent training and a through and supportive induction programme will be provided. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Have you been thinking about a career change, or starting a career in Social care? Or perhaps you are just looking for a completely different career? This is a rewarding career choice for anyone wanting to support someone in their local community, who has the right motivation to care and make a difference every day.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community in older peoples’ own homes, they have job vacancies with hours available in Reading, Mortimer, Tilehurst, Southcote, Woodley, Earley, Lower Earley, Caversham and Emmer Green, and surrounding areas.
About the company
You could be joining a leading homecare provider built on wonderful values. The owner founded the service in memory of her Grandmother and with a vision to change the way older people are supported in the community. With her specialist knowledge in the care sector in both a hospital and community setting she has been described by clients as “extraordinary” and the team as “Angels.” Each of the team are motivated by the desire to make a difference and do their best for the people they support, making it a wonderful place to work and so rewarding to be a part of. If you share these values, you’ll fit right in.
As a Care Assistant no two days will be the same. From companionship, assisting with personal care, domestic duties, each of the client’s needs vary and the support is tailored to each person. The role will involve:
- Assisting with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or to bed in the evening.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Administering medication.
- Preparing meals & carrying out domestic duties.
- Collecting shopping or helping clients out in the community.
- Being a good companion and someone, they can rely on.
Pay rates & hours
- £11.00 - £16.50 per hour + 45p mileage allowance.
- Guaranteed Hours - full and part-time.
- Weekends pay rate of £12.50 per hour + time and half bank holidays.
- Christmas day & Boxing day double time rates.
- Hours range between 06.30 - 22.30 involving a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
To apply/ask a question
If you have any questions about this Care Assistant job, or you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further and answer any questions. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.