Part-Time/Full-Time Care Assistants in Cardiff & The Vale - You are required to BE A CAR DRIVER with your own car.
Caring in your Community
If you live in the communities of Cardiff, Penarth, Dinas, Powys and surrounding areas of Glamorgan we would welcome you to our team.
Who will I support?
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things.
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with. Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural.
As a Care Assistant, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent, to some that need much more care and support such as, but not limited to:
- Support with dressing.
- Preparing breakfast/lunch/dinner.
- Home help – dusting/hoovering.
- Companion to the client – support when shopping/visiting GP/family.
“I worked as a Teacher for many years, but as I reached retirement age, I still wanted to work in the community. I discovered this organisation four years ago – not soon enough! I love my job, its part-time, so I have plenty of time to spend with my Grandchildren. My client visits vary, some are housebound, and I offer them support within their home, do a food shop for them, and keep the home tidy. One of my ladies likes me to run her a bath, help her get in and out and wash her hair. One client just enjoys my company, and we have tea and cake and a good natter. I have a client, who I support with his journey living with dementia, we spend lots of time reminiscing and singing. I help keep him safe at home and prepare his meals.” Sue, Care Assistant.
- £9.25 - £10.00 per hour, plus 25p per mile mileage & Paid Travel Time.
- Increasing to £9.50 to £10.40 per hour from the 1stJune 2021 – Plus Paid Travel Time at £9.50 per hour.
- Award Winning Paid Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available between 7am – 11pm (16-30 Hours per week).
- Working a Saturday or Sunday with days off in the week.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine and tests.
- We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.