Full or Part-Time, Care Assistants & Community Companions, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne & Wear.
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Care Assistant in your local community of Newcastle. No experience needed – just a passion to make a difference.
- £9.50 per hour (Real Living Wage Employer).
- Paid travel time – get paid for your time travelling with plenty of time between clients.
- Full & part-time hours including earlies, evenings, & alternate weekends.
- Weekend only hours available if you prefer.
- A great work/life balance with regular clients at regular times.
- A paid DBS check (refunded after 6-months).
- Fantastic training & career progression – so, you’ll earn qualifications as you progress.
- The chance to work for a forward-thinking care provider you will be proud to work for.
We are very proud that we are a family run company, with family values running throughout our service. We are a husband and wife team with vast experience of the care sector. We provide a variety of different services within peoples’ own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. Joining us is very much like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
Your Role Explained
Everyone we support live within their own home, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Care Assistant also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
- Helping clients stay clean by assisting them to wash and get dressed.
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Care Assistant & Community Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, and then contact you to answer any questions you may have and find out a little more about you.