Care Assistant & Companion, Leatherhead
£10.30 - £22.60 per hour inclusive of travel time + 28p mileage allowance
Flexible full and part-time hours available
We are looking for a dedicated Care Assistant & Companion in the Leatherhead and surrounding areas of Surrey. This is a job where you will make a difference to the life of an older person in your local community and is truly rewarding.
We are looking for people in Leatherhead, Woking, Guildford, Send, Shalford, West & East Horsley, Effingham, Shere, Dorking, Knaphill, Ripley and West Clandon.
Experience is not essential as excellent training is provided. Having the right personal qualities is the most important attribute. However, you will need a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Benefits & Hours
- Flexible full and part-time hours available;
- Hours will include 2 evenings per week and alternate weekends;
- Vouchers towards opticians and dentist expenses (subject to T&Cs);
- Paid DBS provided;
- Referral bonus £250;
- Employee of the month recognition and regular social events.
Sound good? Who will you be joining?
Our client is a small family run homecare company, providing a high standard of support to their clients. They strive to ensure that they only deliver the highest quality of homecare. They truly value their team too and recognise the hard work they put in to make a difference in people’s lives. They offer excellent training and support towards QCF qualifications and really invest in your future and development.
What does the Care Assistant & Companion role involve?
You will be matched to older people in your community based on your personality and interests. To help you build a long-lasting relationship. No 2 days will be the same as the role is varied and personalised to the needs of the clients. Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a reliable companion.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a homecare provider that really wants to help change lives in your local area. If you feel you have a big heart and the compassionate nature that this job needs, and you are looking for a rewarding career, then please click apply.