Care Assistant & Companion, Kendal
Are you looking for flexible hours and do you want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you?
We have part time and full-time hours available in the Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Milnthorpe, Grange-over-Sands and surrounding villages of Cumbria. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa and a chat, still living in your own home and doing the things you love!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- £10.00 - £11.00 per hour plus paid mileage (double time on bank holidays);
- Flexible full and part-time hours are available;
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a few hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- Benefits scheme including retail vouchers;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Excellent award-winning training and support is provided including City and Guilds accredited courses so you can further your talents;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face and being part of a wonderful team.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity to become a Care Assistant & Companion, then we want to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!