Care Assistant & Companion, Colchester
£8.50 -£18.00 per hour paid waiting & travel time + 30p mileage allowance
Part Time hours
Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with older people in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications, so if you have hours spare throughout the week and you want a role where you can make a difference, then this could be perfect for you. We have part-time roles available in in the Colchester area of Essex. It is essential you are a car driver with access to a vehicle, and you would need to be able to some mornings, evenings and alternate weekends.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea! You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Been a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Part-time hours are available between 10-30 hours per week. (Unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work).
- If you have availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and every other weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Excellent training is provided.
- Free counselling.
- High street shopping discounts.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job. If you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.