Care Assistant & Companion, Rayleigh
£9.00 - £10.00 per hour plus mileage allowance
Flexible part-time hours available
Are you looking for part-time hours and do you want to make a difference to a person’s life? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications, and we have part-time hours available in Rayleigh, Basildon, Wickford, Laindon, Langdon Hills, Canvey Island, Pitsea, Benfleet, Hadleigh, Bowers Gifford, Vange and surrounding areas. No experience is required as excellent ongoing training is provided. However, it is preferred that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award winning national brand who focus on a companionship lead care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits, with the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to do your weekly shop, still going into town to get your hair done. You would be helping make these things happen every day! This is a rewarding role and that feeling of knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
They will carefully match you to older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Double time on bank holidays;
- 22p-45p mileage allowance after the first 10 miles,
- 100% attendance bonus
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and a few hours on alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Continuous support including our very own Learning and Development Program;
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression;
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job, so please click apply.