Care Assistant & Companion, High Wycombe
£10.25 - £12.00 per hour plus 30p-45p mileage allowance
Part-time hours – guaranteed hours contract available for the right person
Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant and Companion could be perfect for you. We have part time hours and guaranteed hours contracts available for the right person in the High Wycombe, Chesham, Amersham, The Chalfonts, Beaconsfield, Marlow, Bourne End, Gerrards Cross areas of Buckinghamshire and all the areas in between. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa and just doing the things you have always done! You would be helping make these things happen every day and it is a truly rewarding feeling.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Ongoing support and full training provided so no experience is required;
- Holiday pay (accrue 1 hours paid holiday for every 8.28 hours worked);
- Pension scheme;
- £100 refer a friend scheme;
- In-house Learning and Development programme;
- Fully supported on-going training also working to achieve the Care Certificate;
- Opportunity to gain City & Guilds accredited Alzheimer's and Dementia Training;
- Opportunity to undertake a Level 2 Qualification in Health and Social Care.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!