Care Assistant & Companion, Abergele
£8.30 - £24.90 per hour plus paid mileage + paid travel time
Flexible full and part-time hours
Are you looking for a rewarding career changing the life of an older person in your local community? As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love. The feeling of knowing you have helped someone in your local area is a feeling like no other.
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have full and part-time jobs available in the Abergele, Rhyl, St Asaph, Denbigh, Llandudno, Conwy Llanrwst, Ruthin and Colwyn Bay areas of Conwy & Denbighshire.
It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle. You would also need to have availability for some early mornings, evenings and alternate weekends due to the nature of the work.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, the majority of their calls are a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a number of clients, with the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa!
Benefits & Hours:
- 15-37.5 hours per week, flexible and fixed contracts (unfortunately, we cannot offer just school hours or above 40 hours per week);
- All our team have every other weekend off and we aim to provide a regular working schedule;
- Corporate/high street discount cards & discounted gym memberships;
- We actively promote from within and would be happy to put our employees through their QCF level 2 & 3 and City & Guilds in Dementia care & End of Life course, as we want to invest in your future;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to our clients in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care which may include washing and dressing.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this wonderful job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”