Care Assistant & Companion, High Wycombe
£10.25 - £12.00 per hour plus 30p-45p mileage allowance
Part-time hours – guaranteed hours contract available for the right person
We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant and Companion could be perfect for you. Chesham, Amersham, The Chalfonts, Beaconsfield, Marlow, Bourne End, Gerrards Cross areas of Buckinghamshire and all the areas in between. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Can you imagine the difference you would make to someone like *Agnes? She could be 89 years old who has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Agnes may struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said. Daily routines will become harder for Agnes* and sometimes she might forget to take her medication. That is where you would come in. You will help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routines, which may include washing, dressing, toileting and other aspects of personal care including prompting to take medication. You might help her to make a healthy meal or help with housework. You will be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings and alternate weekends.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Holiday pay (accrue 1 hours paid holiday for every 8.28 hours worked);
- Pension scheme;
- £100 refer a friend scheme;
- Excellent Ongoing support and in-house Learning and Development programme;
- Fully supported on-going training also working to achieve the Care Certificate;
- Opportunity to gain City & Guilds accredited Alzheimer's and Dementia Training and undertake a Level 2 Qualification in Health and Social Care.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!