Care Assistant & Companion, Sandhurst
£10.00-£12.50 per hour (Double time on bank holidays) + paid mileage allowance
Flexible part time hours available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Olive*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs?
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have roles available in the Sandhurst, Camberley, Bagshot, Lightwater, Frimley, Frimley Green, Yateley, Farnborough, Blackwater, Ash, Ash Vale, Mytchett, Windlesham and surrounding areas of in Surrey.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Olive* is 86 years old retired music teacher, she has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Olive* started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Olive* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care. You might take her to his local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with her shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
There may also be showering, bathing and dressing during most of your client visits.
Benefits & Hours:
- If you have some availability between early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- Fantastic rate of pay, pension, paid annual leave.
- Extremely consistent hours with the same regular clients;
- Excellent training is provided and opportunities for career progression and support towards further qualifications;
- A kind, friendly and supportive office team and peer group;
- The biggest benefit of all is doing a rewarding job and making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity to be a Care Assistant & Companion, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation, if you shine, opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!
* Olive is just an example of someone you will support.