Care Assistant & Companion, Reading
We are looking for Care Assistants & Companions living close to the Reading area of Berkshire to join a truly wonderful homecare company built on wonderful values and make a difference to the lives of older people in your local community.
Our lovely clients live in most of the Reading area including Burghfield, Mortimer, Tilehurst, Woodley, Earley, Lower Earley, Caversham and Emmer Green and surrounding areas, so if you live in any of these areas, we have plenty of local work for you. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Rate of pay, hours & benefits
- £11.00 - £16.50 per hour + 45p mileage allowance;
- Full or part time hours, GUARANTEED HOURS;
- Weekend pay rate of £12.50 per hour;
- Time and half bank holiday;
- Christmas day and Boxing day double time;
- Hours range between 06.30 - 22.30. If you have some availability morning, evenings and alternate weekends we would love to hear from you.
- The biggest benefit of is knowing you have made a difference in the life of an older person and brightened up there day - a feeling like no other.
Not all heroes wear capes
The organisation was founded by the owner in memory of her Grandmother and with a vision to change the way older people are supported. The owner has a wealth of experience in the sector in both a hospital and community setting, so they know what it takes to provide the highest standard of support to the older people they support in their own homes. They are a terrific employer too and take a lot of time to ensure all their team feel valued and rewarded making it a very special place to work.
You could be an everyday superhero to someone in your local community. People often have the wrong perception of what job Care Assistants do. All our clients’ needs vary, from companionship, assisting with personal care, domestic duties and preparing meals, to helping with medication or taking them out to continue doing the things they love.
If you are caring in nature, trustworthy, patient and understanding and you want to make a difference, then why not do something rewarding. Don’t worry if you have any questions, we will have a chat with you once you have applied and put your mind at ease on any questions you may have regarding joining our team!