We are looking for Care Assistants & Companions for the Moortown and surrounding areas of West Yorkshire. If you live in Wetherby, that is perfect, but we also have clients in the Collingham, Boston Spa, Moortown, Roundhay, Alwoodley and surrounding areas. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role.
What are the company values & why should you come and work for us?
You would be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on personalised companionship led care. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
This is an example of what you would be doing as a Care Assistant & Companion
“My Grandma was diagnosed with early onset Dementia earlier this year and the word immediately frightened me. Grandma has lived on her own for a few years since my Grandad passed away but has always been independent, so this diagnosis worried me that she would no longer stay living in the place that holds all her memories and where she spent over 50 years with Grandad.
However, Grandma has had wonderful companionship, care and support from people she has grown so fond of, we as a family have more peace of mind as we know she’s not alone. She has been able to keep getting out and about doing the things she loves, including visiting her local music group, and most importantly you have allowed her to keep being herself in the home that she loves. The personal care received has been respectful and dignified. Thank you will never be enough.”
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.10 - £10.10 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays) + mileage allowance and paid travel time;
- Part time hours - 16 hour guaranteed contracts available;
- If you have some availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you; (Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate only school time hours);
- Pension scheme and paid holidays;
- You will be a part of a small team to ensure continuity of care and who have been carefully matched to enable you to build a companionship/friendship with the person you are visiting;
- Employee Assistance Programme available to you for ongoing support;
- Continuous training and support towards further qualifications including Dementia and Alzheimer’s City & Guilds. Distance Learning and a fantastic Career Path available as they want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference to people’s lives every single day;
- · BHSF is a discount site specifically for employees including discount of retailers.
How do you apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Assistant & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.