We are looking for part time Care Assistants & Companions throughout the Swindon area of Wiltshire. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Because this homecare provider provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies available in the Wootton Bassett, Cricklade, Wroughton, Shrivenham, Faringdon, Wantage and surrounding areas of Wiltshire. If you do live in any of these local areas, we do have job vacancies for the right people.
When the Director moved to the area in 2002, he noticed a real shortage of high-quality person-centred care for older people locally. This ignited his passion to deliver a homecare service which could improve the quality of life and increase independence to an older person living in their own home, in turn also giving peace of mind to their families. This organisation has gone from strength to strength and have been awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC, winning multiple awards and building an excellent reputation. This provider does this by ensuring that every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support received.
Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion is such a rewarding job within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 - £11.00 per hour, plus pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- Early Pay Scheme - option to draw out some of your pay early.
- If you are available to work a range of shifts from early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Care Assistant & Companion, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.