We are looking for people who would love to Care in your local community by becoming a Care Assistant & Companions in your local community of Plymstock, Devon.
- Car Drivers Essential due to the nature of the role.
- £10.00 per hour weekdays, £11.00 per hour weekends.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Paid mileage & travel time.
- Part Time Hours available which will include early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings & alternate weekends.
- Holiday pay & pension scheme.
- Minimum of 1-hour visits and regular clients you will visit.
Areas they have jobs
We have Part-Time Job Vacancies, for car drivers in the Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Plymstock, Plympton, Modbury, Yealmpton areas of South Devon.
An award-winning employer, they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team on a part-time basis. You will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship and support. As a Care Assistant & Companion, you would not only be helping to combat loneliness but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. This would be for a minimum of one hour, ensuring that the support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs.
Every older adult they support is unique, as we get older there are some things that we may give up doing or struggle to do. Your job as a Care Assistant & Companion is to ensure that there is continuity in their routine and that they stay safe, happy, and content in their own homes.
- Helping with morning routine, including preparing breakfast together.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Assisting with personal care such as helping to shower/wash, get dressed or to brush their teeth.
- Taking them for days out, exercise, hospital appointments or to local clubs.
- Preparing lunch and spending time with them.
- Getting them ready for their bedtime routine.
To apply for this position as a Care Assistant & Companion, you must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is for you.