Part-Time, Care Assistant & Companion, Job Vacancy, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire – No Formal Experience Needed, Car Drivers Essential.
If you live in the communities of High Wycombe, Marlow, Amersham, The Chalfont’s, Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, or surrounding areas, we would love you to join our team.
From Childcare to Care
I was a full-time parent for 20 years to three children, caring for them was such a large part of my life, I felt lost when they no longer needed me. I had no experience of caring, but it was something I had always thought about doing. A couple of my friends had started working here and loved it! Nervously I clicked on apply! I hadn’t worked for so long!
What happened next?
- After I had applied, I received a lovely call, and was immediately put at ease.
- I asked lots of questions and I was told so much more about what I’d be doing.
- I’d always had a preconception about what the job involved but I got a lot of that wrong, so I am glad I spoke to someone.
- We talked about the different levels of Personal Care that may be needed, and a lot of that was just assisting with washing and/or dressing, and not so scary.
- I attended an interview with Sarah who was amazing and was so passionate about the company.
- I was over the moon when I was offered the position and I started my Onboarding.
- I can understand why the training is award winning, I learned so much in my first week.
- They matched and introduced me to Maggie, and Eric & Mary who I would be visiting regularly and who lived in the next village.
- My clients all have different personalities, but we all get on so well and have fun!
- Because we spend quality time together, we feel at ease and I know their quirky ways/likes and dislikes. I can also tell if they aren’t feeling well, even if they say, “I’m fine”.
- My visits are never less than an hour long which is perfect for baking together, going to the shops or doing other activities they’d like to do that day.
- My role is also to help them with their usual daily routines.
- I truly enjoy my visits; it doesn’t feel like a job but more like visiting a friend.
- £10.75 per hour Weekdays.
- £13.00 per hour Alternate Weekends.
- Car Drivers are needed due to the nature of the work.
- Paid Mileage & Paid Travel Time.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours, including early mornings, lunchtimes or evenings.
- Alternate Weekend Working is required to maintain continuity for the client.
- One of my friends started as a Care Companion and now works in the office as a Scheduler.
- There is no upper age limit for applications, its lovely to work with all age groups!
Could you be a Care Assistant & Companion too? If you share my curiosity to care for others, click apply. As soon as you apply, the lady that called me will quickly call and introduce herself to you and answer any questions you may have. Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion has given me a purpose again!