Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you! Are you looking for full or part-time hours and want to make a difference to someone like Dorothy*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? Are you retired/semi-retired? There is no upper age limit for applications and we have full and part-time jobs available in the Harlow, Epping, Loughton, Waltham Abbey, Ongar and surrounding areas of Essex.
Dorothy* is 96 years old, she has lived on her own since her husband died 20 years ago and has always been independent. Last year, Dorothy had a fall whilst out shopping and it knocked her confidence somewhat. She stopped going out and even became afraid of the stairs in her own house. She would often sleep on the sofa rather than go to bed. Dorothy* is typical of someone you would become a Care Assistant & Companion for, she still wants to get out and about, but confidence stops her, that is where you come in. You would help her with daily routines that have become harder for her but also take her out and keep her independent doing the things she has always done. This could include helping her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routines which may include assisting with personal care if required or reminding her to take her medication, as well as going shopping with her on a Friday or taking her to the hairdressers every Wednesday.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC which is amazing.
This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension and going into town on a Wednesday for a cup of tea and some company. You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Benefits & Hours
- Excellent rate of pay of £9.85 - £18.00 per hour plus mileage allowance;
- Flexible, full and part hours are available from 16-40 hours per week. (Unfortunately, we cannot offer block school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work)
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Excellent training is provided;
- Excellent career development opportunities as we want to invest in your future;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, it is very rewarding too!
Do you have a big heart? Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job so if you are excited by this opportunity, we want to hear from you.
Dorothy* is a typical example of someone you would support.