Care Assistant & Companion, Shortlands
£10.00 per hour + up to 45p mileage allowance
Are you looking for a new, rewarding career in 2019 and do you want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Care Assistant & Companion your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well as continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have roles available in the Bromley, Orpington, West Wickham, Hayes, Shortlands, Beckenham, Keston, Chislehurst, Bickley, Farnborough and surrounding areas of the London Borough of Bromley.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is preferred that you are a driver but not essential.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national homecare provider which focuses on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK.
This exceptional service, recently rated by the Care Quality Commission as Outstanding is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. They have also been recognised as a 5 Star Employer two years running and take great care of our wonderful staff.
Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for a brew! You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
They will carefully match you to a few older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Accompanying them on shopping trips or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Fantastic rate of pay, pension, paid annual leave and employee assistance programme;
- Extremely consistent hours with the same regular clients;
- 25p mileage (after first 10 miles), 45p per hour when travelling with clients;
- Excellent training is provided and opportunities for career progression and support towards further qualifications;
- If you have availability early mornings, or lunchtimes, or afternoons or evenings and alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- A kind, friendly and supportive office team and peer group;
- The biggest benefit of all is doing a rewarding job and making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job, so if you are excited by this opportunity we would love to hear from you.