We have opportunities to do something amazing and become a Care Assistant & Companion in the Dronfield area of Derbyshire. We have part-time available work in Chesterfield, Ashgate, Brampton, Brimington, Calow, Coal Aston, Dronfield, and surrounding areas. You could be joining an award-winning organization that focuses on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within their local community. This exceptional service is different from any other care organization in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits. The owner of the business is a Qualified Nurse and has always been passionate about Quality Care and what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the Care Assistant & Companion role involve? Many people have the wrong perception of what care involves - could you support Gran?
“My Gran was diagnosed with early-onset dementia earlier this year and the word immediately frightened me. Gran has lived on her own for a few years since my Grandad passed away but has always been independent, so this diagnosis worried me that she would no longer stay living in the place that holds all her memories and where she spent over 60 years with Grandad.
However, Gran has had wonderful companionship, care, and support from people she has grown so fond of, we as a family have more peace of mind as we know she’s not alone. She has been able to keep getting out and about doing the things she loves, including visiting her local music group, and most importantly you have allowed her to keep being herself in the home that she loves. The personal care received has been respectful and dignified. Thank you will never be enough.”
They will carefully match you to mainly older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include any of the following:
- Assisting with a daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Supporting to take any medications;
- Taking clients out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.40 - £18.80 per hour + mileage allowance
- 20p per mile (after the first 10 miles) between clients and 45p per mile (with a client in your car) mileage allowance;
- Part-time hours - If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and a few hours on an alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Continuous support including our very own Learning and Development Program;
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
If you have always wanted to make a difference, you have spare time on your hands and you are someone that would make an excellent carer and companion we would love to hear from you.
Managed Advertising Solutions are a sister Company of Health & Social Care Jobs Ltd. Managed Advertising Solutions act as the Advertising agent only on behalf of the end employer. Once you have applied, we carry out our initial screening process, your CV is then passed to the end employer who would get in touch with you directly to progress your application further, usually, they would call you within 24 hours of applying, this gives you the opportunity to find out more about the role and ask questions prior to progressing with your application.