Care Assistant & Companion, Epping
If you are looking for a new and rewarding career for 2020, then we could have what you are looking for. Do you have an unfulfilling job role that you want to swap for a job for life? Maybe you are retired/semi-retired, and you are looking for a role where you can give something back? A role where you can make a positive difference to the life of an older person living in your local community? If so, then becoming one of our Care Assistant & Companions could be perfect for you.
Does this sound like the role for you?
“I have been part of this company for over 2-years now. I retired from the Police force but needed something to do to fill my time, but also something where I could still make a difference in a persons’ life. Then I found this role. The main part of my role is helping older adults continue living in their homes surrounded by all their treasured memories is the most amazing thing I have done.
No two days are ever the same and I never have the Monday blues. I support an older gentleman called Tommy who is wonderful. I help him get up in the morning, get dressed and make him some breakfast. I will then go back at lunch time to prepare him something to eat, do a spot of cleaning and have a chat, he has a lot of stories about his life that make me smile and laugh. The company do a minimum of 1-hour visits so I’m never rushed and can spend quality time with my clients. I also support an older lady called Edith, she loves a trip out to the garden centre, and I struggle to keep up with her. I don’t see this as a job, it’s a privilege, I only wish I had done it sooner.”
We have part time and full-time hours available in the Ongar, Epping, Loughton, Waltham Abbey, Harlow and surrounding areas of Essex. No experience is required as excellent training is provided.
Be part of something special
We are an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC which is amazing. The owner moved into the care sector to do something that she could be proud of and make a difference in the local community, creating a high-quality bespoke service that would allow older adults to live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- Contracts available include –
- 16 hours per week contract- £8568 per annum - 0700-1030 every day or 0815-1315 every day -Alternate weekends required.
- 20 hours per week contract- £10,701 per annum - 0815-1315 every day or 1700-2200. Alternate weekends required.
- 26 hours per week- 0815-1315 and 1645-1900 and alternate weekends.
- 30 hours per week contract- £15,990 per annum. Availability 0815-1315 (break) and 1700-1915. Alternate weekends. OR availability 0930-1315 (break) and 1700-2030.
- 40 hours per week contract - £21,320 per annum (limited availability).
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person.
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
If you feel you have the qualities to do this Care Assistant & Companion role, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to advertise on behalf of this unique provider and welcome your applications. Once you apply, we will arrange a suitable time to discuss the vacancy in more detail and answer any questions you may have.