Full and part-time, job vacancy, Care Assistant & Dementia Friend, Sutton, Greater London
We are seeking local heroes with big hearts in the local community to join a wonderful homecare provider and support older adults to remain independent in their own homes. We have job vacancies in the Sutton, Epsom, Banstead, Cheam, Ewell, and surrounding areas of Surrey and Greater London.
Be a Hero in 2021
Why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and a have long-term career that matters. You will be a Keyworker, appreciated for the work you do and given priority for a vaccine. This is a career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
- Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided.
- It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- £10.30 - £20.60 per hour plus mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours are available.
- Hours available include a mixture of early mornings, lunch times, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekends.
- You will be kept as close to home as possible to keep travelling to a minimum.
- Minimum 1-hour visits, so no rushing between calls.
You could be joining a national, award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry. This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help people to remain in the place they love the most, their home. The owner is an active volunteer and member of the Alzheimer’s Society. He is also a Dementia Friends champion and a board member of other community groups for vulnerable adults in his local area. His mission is to provide a high standard of support for older adults, allowing them to live independently and happily.
Becoming a Care Assistant & Dementia Friend is such a rewarding role within your community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties. No two days are ever the same. If you think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. The role may involve:
- Providing companionship.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Assisting with shopping and helping to prepare meals.
- Helping with any medication.
- Assisting with personal care, but in many cases, this would be no different to what you may do for a friend or close relative.
If you have any questions about this Care Assistant & Dementia Friend role, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.