We are seeking Care Assistants & Home Helpers in High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Amersham, Slough and the surrounding villages of Buckinghamshire / Berkshire. Car Drivers Essential.
The Job of a Care Assistant & Home Helper
Your job will be to make a difference every day to an older person living in their own home by becoming their Care Assistant & Home Helper. All of our client's needs vary, but the ultimate goal is to keep them independent and safe in their own homes as they reach old age. The length of time you spend with them can vary from 30 minutes to over an hour. This could include:
- To be an advocate, companion and someone they trust and rely on.
- An early morning call to make sure they are up and about ready for the day ahead.
- Assisting with preparing breakfast - making sure they eat regularly.
- Assisting with any personal care - personal care can be as simple as putting toothpaste on a toothbrush, brushing hair, assisting them in and out of the shower to emptying a commode. (This varies significantly from person to person)
- Taking them out maybe into town, to an appointment or to collect a prescription.
- Preparing lunch and making sure they have everything they need for the afternoon.
- An early evening call to get them settled for the night.
Who will my Employer be?
Although you will be working with individuals in their own homes, you will be part of a very special company, described as Bespoke, Boutique and focussing on delivering outstanding customer service to the people that use their service, they aim to be the very best! They are committed to providing an incredibly high standard of care within comfortable and high-class surroundings. As a Home Helper, you will need to be the best of the best, immaculately dressed and passionate about what you do. You will have very high standards and be passionate about the difference you can make. Every one of our Care Assistants represents the company with passion and pride!
Rate of pay, Hours of Work and Requirements
- You would need to be available for either Full-Time or Part-Time Hours.
- You can join us as a Bank Care Assistant- which means you can work as and when
- Part-Time jobs with hours starting from just 8 hours, up to Full-time jobs are available - they are really flexible around you!
- Early Mornings & Lunchtimes and a few hours every other weekend would be fab!
- Attendance bonus of £35 per quarter (After 3 Months);
When you do this job you very much build up a relationship with the person you are supporting every day. You will no doubt gain a few friends too!
How do I apply?
If you are very interested in this job please click on the apply button attaching a CV in a Word or PDF format and a covering email is always welcome explaining why you are interested in applying.
*Health and Social Care Jobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however, due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a female**