Care Assistant & Home Helper, Croydon
£9.00 - £18.00 per hour + 25p mileage allowance
Full and part-time hours available
Are you looking for a new and rewarding job in the new year where you can make a difference to the life of an older person? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As their Care Assistant & Home Helper your role would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications and no experience is required as full training is provided, so this could be perfect for you. We have full and part-time jobs available in Croydon & Dulwich area of South London.
Having a driving licence is preferred but not essential.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will match you to older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- 25p mileage allowance;
- Excellent training and ongoing support are provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, we want to hear from you. This is a wonderful job and could be the start of a rewarding career.