We are looking for part time Befrienders & Companions throughout the Oxford area. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Location & Pay Rates
Because this organisation provides care visits in the community, they have job vacancies available in the Oxford, Kidlington, Headington, Botley, Wheatley, Witney, Carterton, Burford, and surrounding areas of Oxfordshire. If you do live in any of these local areas, they would like to hear from you.
- £10.50 - £11.70 per hour, mileage allowance, pension scheme, paid holidays.
- Guaranteed hours available for anyone who can work split shift or who have good availability.
- Early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, and alternate weekend hours available.
When the Director moved to the area in 2002, he noticed a real shortage of high-quality person-centred care for older people locally. This ignited his passion to deliver a homecare service which could improve the quality of life and increase the independence of an older person living in their own home, in turn also giving peace of mind to their families. This organisation has gone from strength to strength and have been awarded Good by the CQC, winning multiple awards, and building an excellent reputation. This provider does this by ensuring that every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support received.
Becoming a Befriender & Companion is such a rewarding role and a very important Keyworker role within our community. You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people who need extra support to remain in their own home. This may include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
If you would like to apply for this position of a Befriender & Companion in Oxfordshire, or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied, within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.