Care Assistant – Extra Care, York
£8.40 - £16.80 per hour
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Care Assistants living close to the York area of North Yorkshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning, family-run homecare provider with wonderful values and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable adults.
No prior experience is required as excellent training is provided. Driving not required as based in one location.
Great people doing great jobs
Our client has over 20 years’ experience in the sector and they have a real dedication for high-quality care. A very busy home care provider, they deliver care to clients within an Extra Care Facility. They are seeking candidates who share the same values as them; to promote respect, enable independence, share kindness, and deliver an honest and high-quality service. If you like to meet new people, hear their life stories, and make a huge difference to their health and wellbeing, this role would be perfect for you. Their wonderful team and their development are also important to them. They invest in their staff team and everyone feels valued, many of the staff team have been there over 10 years!
What will the role involve?
As a Care Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults in your local community. Moving from one client’s residence to the next, no day is the same, and each person you help appreciates the support you give them. You will help them enjoy life to the full and continue to do all the things that they love, which may include meeting friends or activities they enjoy. You may also:
- Assist getting in and out of bed and getting dressed;
- Assisting with personal care where required which may include washing and showering;
- Medication prompting and/or administration;
- Helping them to prepare and eat a balanced diet;
- Keeping an eye on any changes in their wellbeing;
- Light domestic tasks such as dusting or cleaning;
- Taking them to appointments or shopping trips/social visits.
Benefits & Hours
- Weekend enhanced rates;
- Full-time and part-time available (based on full shifts i.e. part time would be 2-3, 8-hour shifts per week and full time would be 4+ shifts per week);
- 28 days holiday;
- Company mobile phone;
- Dedicated training and support offering educational development opportunities, so this could just be the first step of an amazing career.
This company was formed rooted in family values and they ensure that all of their clients and their families have peace of mind, reassurance and security, which is an amazing feeling – you could be part of that.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.