We are looking for Care Assistants in the Wakefield area of West Yorkshire. Previous experience is not essential. However, it is essential that you drive and have access to a car.
You could make a big difference in your local community and get a real feeling of satisfaction when going to work. No matter what your background, if you have a big heart and kind nature, then we want to hear from you, this role will offer you reward and could be the long-term career you want.
Location, Pay Rates & Hours
Because they provide care visits to older people in the community, they have job vacancies in Wakefield, Pontefract, Castleford and surrounding areas.
- £9.85 per hour weekdays, £10.10 per hour weekends.
- Full time and part time roles available including alternate weekends as part of rota pattern.
- Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme, high street discount scheme and more.
- Career progression.
- The biggest benefit is the difference you could make to a vulnerable adult’s life every day.
You will be joining an outstanding organisation who have an excellent reputation locally not only as an employer, but as a provider of high-quality person-centred home care services for its clients living in their own homes. They aim to help everyone live their lives to the fullest and lead, happy, fulfilling, and independent lives. They understand that a person’s home is precious, so they want to help people live as independently as possible in the place they treasure the most.
As a Care Assistant, you would be making someone’s life a bit easier and helping adults stay independent in their own home for as long as possible. People often have the wrong perception of what Carers do. All their clients’ needs vary, from:
- Helping someone to get up in the morning or to bed in the evening.
- Showering/bathing/washing, dressing & undressing.
- Assisting with light housework.
- Shopping or picking up a prescription.
- Reminding someone to take their medication.
- Preparing a meal or snack.
- Being a Companion, someone they can rely on who has a listening ear.
Apply/ask a question
If you would like to apply for this Care Assistant job vacancy or have any questions, please click on apply. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.